Living in Kenilworth
The Kenilworth area in Cape Town is one of the city’s most sought-after residential neighbourhoods. Located in the heart of the city, the area is known for its convenience and close proximity to many amenities and attractions. With a mix of old and new housing, the area also boasts a wide range of real estate options, from modern terraced homes to historic villas. The neighbourhood is popular among young professionals, families and retirees alike, due to its safe and secure environment and close proximity to shops, restaurants, and public transportation. Kenilworth’s real estate market is highly competitive, with prices ranging from mid- to upper-level, depending on the size and quality of the home.
In addition to its residential appeal, Kenilworth also features a number of small businesses and leisure activities for those looking for a vibrant lifestyle. Several major roads make the area easily accessible, and the nearby Constantia Village Shopping Centre provides plenty of entertainment options for those looking for a night out. Overall, Kenilworth is an excellent choice for those looking for a safe and convenient place to call home in Cape Town. With its wide range of amenities, competitive real estate prices, and close proximity to the city centre, it’s easy to see why Kenilworth is one of the most desirable areas in the city.
10 features and benefits of living in the Kenilworth area of Cape Town?
1. Beautiful Beaches: Kenilworth is located close to some of Cape Town’s most stunning beaches, such as Clifton, Camps Bay and Llandudno.
2. Close to Nature: The area is surrounded by a number of nature reserves and parks, providing plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities.
3. Access to Amenities: Kenilworth is a well-developed area, with easy access to shopping malls, restaurants and other essential amenities.
4. Close to the City Centre: The area is just a short drive away from the city centre, allowing for easy commuting.
5. Public Transport: The MyCiti bus service runs through the area, providing easy access to other parts of the city.
6. Job Opportunities: Kenilworth is close to some of the city’s top business hubs, providing plenty of job opportunities.
7. Good Schools: The area is well-served by a number of excellent schools, making it a great place for families.
8. Affordable Housing: The area is known for its reasonably priced housing, making it an attractive option for those on a budget.
9. Good Weather: Kenilworth enjoys a mild climate, with warm summers and mild winters.
10. Peaceful Suburbs: The area is made up of peaceful suburbs, providing a tranquil environment for those looking for a quieter lifestyle.
10 popular schools for residents of Kenilworth Cape Town?
1. Kenilworth Primary School
2. Kenilworth House School
3. Reddam House Atlantic Seaboard
4. Rondebosch Boys’ High School
5. Rustenburg Girls’ Junior School
6. St Cyprian’s School
7. Westerford High School
8. Bishops Diocesan College
9. The International School of Cape Town
10. Wynberg Girls’ High School
11. Wynberg Boys’ High School
12. Rustenburg Girls’ High School
13. Herschel Girls’ School
14. Bishops Diocesan College
15. Groote Schuur High School
16. Rondebosch Boys’ High School
17. St Joseph’s Marist College
This is one of the oldest horse racing venues in South Africa, having been operating since 1868. It is located in the city of Cape Town and is owned by Kenilworth Racing. Throughout its history, Kenilworth Racecourse has seen many famous horses and jockeys, including the legendary Willie Smith, who won the South African Derby here in 1891. The track itself is a left-handed oval of around 2000 meters in circumference, with an uphill finish and a total length of around 2900 meters. It features a number of obstacles, including water and sand, and is considered to be a challenging course. The racecourse is a popular venue for both local and international horse racing, and hosts a number of major race meetings throughout the year. These include the South African Derby, the Cape Flying Championship and the Kenilworth Cup. Kenilworth Racecourse is an important part of South Africa’s sporting heritage, and is a hugely popular venue for both racing fans and punters alike. Its position at the heart of Cape Town ensures that it continues to attract visitors from all over the world.